Whale vs Boat

Whale wins. :eek:

WhaleVsBoat.JPG

I don't think he or she is angry, it was just letting them know who is in charge out there.
That's what I like about The Great Lakes, the main thing I look out for when I go out is bad weather. And if you are watchful, you can see it coming before it does something like that to you.

Reactions: Doc
A few years before the virus I was down at the other end of Lake Erie…by car. I took the car ferry over to Kelly’s island. One of the signs I read was about fresh water snakes. Then I actually see one swimming towards the dock. Haha. I left. I’m like Indiana jones….i don’t like snakes. You keep them at your end….im ok with that.

Even the underwater population knows that we are to blame for most of the climate change. But every country has to be in on it. America alone isn’t going to make a difference. No more lecture.

While boating on our pool of the Ohio River (Marietta pool) we were floating minding our own. Friends are pulling up to us for a tie up and they stop and one shouts out; "You have a snake crawling up the side of your boat". Sure nuff, one had been there. The shouting or waves from them pulling up got him to vamoose. But what a shock it would have been had he made it up and over the edge.

We have 50 acres and I've got over my fear of snakes. I will pick them up with gloves on. But one coming onto our boat would have freaked me out. Glad he didn't make it onboard. Never seen anything like it before or since then. We see snakes swimming once every year or two but that's about it.

I read that they believe the whale was actually chasing a school of fish and probably didn't even know the boat was there.

Probably what SST seen was a Black Snake they are not poisonous and are on the endangered list. They are supposed to be part of the Lake Erie Ecosystem.

My heart skipped a beat or two. I initially thought it was my boat! Holy snake bite!

Thankfully it isn’t mine. This would make me sell my boat.

• Haha