Stereo Upgrade

I’m looking to upgrade my am/fm radio to a Bluetooth one. And also upgrade to something that could work with a stern remote on my swim deck to replace the old not working one. I also heard that they can hook into newer fish finders to control the radio from the helm ?

J Kyle

Ive got the Kenwood KMR-D772BT with a wired remote KCA-RC55MR. You can make a mounting plate with piece of acrylic to replace the old square Clarion remote (if thats what was in it).

1722541740230.png

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I have stopped using my boat stereo when just floating. I use a bluetooth speaker. Saves the boat battery and it's portable so I can move it to any part of the boat where I want the tunes. Bought this speaker on amazon and it truly kicks butt. And last all weekend without a charge.

speaker.JPG

Iggy

I have stopped using my boat stereo when just floating. I use a bluetooth speaker. Saves the boat battery and it's portable so I can move it to any part of the boat where I want the tunes. Bought this speaker on amazon and it truly kicks butt. And last all weekend without a charge.

View attachment 2067
Just a thought......

For a few more bucks, you can add another battery to the house bank. This could also aid in starting if your starting battery went bad or low.

The remotes are daisy chained by a NEMA2k network which makes it easier to wire. Plus most MDF (Simrad, Garmin to name a few) can be used as a remote too.
That’s what I’m looking for. I had a Garmin echomap in my old boat. I knew it could do a lot more. My radio is in the cuddy so controls from the fish finder would be perfect
I just put a second battery in place. Just need to add the wiring and a new switch