Vinegar Vs No Vinegar

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Today my girl got her oil drained, and pumped full of antifreeze, along with her layup bath, which did not turn out the way that it normally does.
I had no vinegar. With the day getting shorter, I did not have the time to get some, so I did it without. No sparkle, no shine, just a light haze with water spots, along with a bath tub ring. Two choices, take her back out and rewash her with soap and vinegar, or wipe her down with vinegar and mild rubbing compound. Not sure which I will do, but I do know that I will never wash her again without the vinegar.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks, did some reading on it. It lists some of the ingredients and vinegar is not one of them, and says it has a secret ingredient.
One guy said it will not stop scum lines from coming back. And the guy in this video says it has a strong vinegar smell.:unsure:

drewm3i

Thanks, did some reading on it. It lists some of the ingredients and vinegar is not one of them, and says it has a secret ingredient.
One guy said it will not stop scum lines from coming back. And the guy in this video says it has a strong vinegar smell.:unsure:
Oh it has vinegar in it. It smells like vinegar mixed with candy or flowers lol

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I think that vinegar is the go to cleaner for just about everything.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Does vinegar replace the acid bath?
It looks like where you are going to use it, just like how you are going to clean things with other cleaners. Research it and test it first.

DIY Cleaning Products: Vinegar's Surprising Drawbacks
  • Vinegar doesn't sanitize or disinfect. ...
  • You have to be careful about concentrations. ...
  • Always, always rinse. ...
  • Vinegar can damage some of the surfaces in your home. ...
  • It can be harmful to plants. ...
  • It smells like vinegar.

SST

In the past I have always used EZ ON-EZ OFF. Works great. Just wondering if vinegar would do the same.

drewm3i

In the past I have always used EZ ON-EZ OFF. Works great. Just wondering if vinegar would do the same.
No. Vinegar is good for waterspots only. It is not a replacement for on/off or toilet bowl cleaner for severe tanin stains.