NMEA 2000, Simrad, etc. (2004 Sunesta 252)

LAKETIME

Hello, all,

I would like to explore the possibilities of using a Simrad NXS along with the NMEA 2000 network. I really like what this system can do (depth finder, engine data, charting, etc.), but I don't fully understand how to put all of this together. What things need to be incorporated to make this a fully integrated system? Cabling, engine harness, etc?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Iggy

It is very easy. I would google or better still use You Tube and look up NMEA2k. Simrad makes a very good unit, its a big stem over Garmin.

Your transducer and radar should be connected to to the Simrad NXS, not the NMEA2k network. Engine data would depend on the type of engines you have. Your going to need some sort of gateway. You can connect on a NMEA2k network, GPS sensor, AIS data, VHF radio which is a must for safety, Auto pilot, some stereo head unit like Fusion and there is a lot more...

From the way you asked this question. I would see a dealer and have them do the install.

A link to the installation manual.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://softwaredownloads.navico.com/Simrad/SimradYachting_Software%20-%20Copy/Downloads/NSX/NSX_IM_EN_988-12613-002_w.pdf

Last edited: