Cleveland Boat Show

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
One of the neat things about the Cleveland Boat Show in January, is you never know what the weather will be. Ice, snow, rain, I've experienced them all, sometimes all in the same trip. Lol But it is all worth it. For me it is a day of window shopping, looking for new gadgets, along with the educational parts.
Dates:
Thursday Jan 18th thru Sunday Jan 21st

The shows are getting shorter, and the cost of boats, makes me thankful that I have what I have.
The show has a lot to offer, from the ones looking to buy to the ones that just want to socialize and forget about the winter weather outside, and people like me. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Is it in that weird named building again? I was there years ago. HUGE expedition. So much to see about impossible to see it all in one day.
No plans to go this year. If I go I'll spend money. Nothing that I know of that I need so I'm better off not going.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
international exposition center, or commonly known as the I-X Center

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Ahh yes. I only heard it as I X center ...made no sense to me till now. Thanks. Enjoy the show.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Ahh yes. I only heard it as I X center ...made no sense to me till now. Thanks. Enjoy the show.
Looking forward to it. Over the holiday hump, and on the first signs of what is to come.:coolshade

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Made it to the show, lot of things to see, had a great day, well worth the trip.

Could not believe my eyes when I saw this.
There are only 2 ways for me to describe the Ski Nautique, WOW and YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

$454,000 show price and payments of $3,000 per month.

2024-p25-ext-05.jpg
arigon

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Only people with stupid money can buy can buy this kind of stuff. Before the show price, it was listed at over 1/2 a mil. and I don't know if it even had a place for a porta potty. Lol

• Wow

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
So out of reach of most of us that it is incomprehensible.
My son in law has a ski nautique. He's had it since 1999. It's still worth what he paid for it, just under 10k. He want a newer one so bad but even a 20 year old one is over 100k.
I shared the info and pic you posted above with him. He said he saw a pontoon that was 480k. Insane

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Yah, I saw some of that stuff at the show. Center consoles with 3 - 300hp motors on the back, as if they were part of the package. You are not buying a boat, you are buying 3 motors and something to hang them on. In years to come the boat will be worth nothing without the motors.Those things are for all the ones that already have everything and want to add it to their collection of stuff. Can you just imagine what practical things the average Joe can buy with 1/2 a mil. I tell my children that needs are not expensive, but wants are very expensive. As long as you don't have to sacrifice a need to get a want, then I say, go for it. I was taught that you have to work to eat, and if you work hard, you will eat well.
Just an old man tooting his horn. Next week it's on to the Detroit Boat Show to see some more stuff.:)