Winter cover

Any recommendations for a winter cover ?
My New to me Chap won’t fit inside my building and I really don’t want to waste $500-600 every year on shrink wrapping

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Maybe one of the aluminum carports. They are open on all sides but you can hang tarps. Otherwise shrink wrap is about the only thing I know of to really protect a boat stored outside.

SST

I was fortunate enough to find a storage barn about 25 miles away. The low cost of storage undercuts the cost to drive out there and back. Most of the storage areas that are near me are outrageously expensive. If I had to pay that, I'd sell the boat. While I'm not an environmental radical I am not in favor of shrink wrap due to the environmental "thingy." What do you do with it at the end of the season then multiply that by thousands of boats that discard them. They aren't biodegradable. I would love to have the boat stored at my house, in the garage. Just not big enough.

Depending on cost, snap on the cover and then put a giant tarp over it and strap it/tie it down. Tarps only last a few years in regards to keeping water out but it helps keep the leaves and dirt out.

Good luck either way.

Reactions: Doc