questions

Country70

Hey guys new to the group. i have a couple question. I have an 04 Chaparral Signature 270 two new Mercruiser put in last year, and had my outdrives completely serviced about 1.5 months ago. Last weekend left the lake boat was running great. went back this weekend started up fine, went an put about 60 gals of fuel in. Left the marina it seemed sluggish. topped out about 13 mph after it ran for about 20 mins it opened up, and ran fine until i backed off the gas. had the same issues again coming up to speed. ran the baot and had to be towed in ran out of fuel. any ideas? one thing I forgot to add my boat is in a slip where the hurricane dumped tones of water.

Next question got to the boat AC was working fine, would having to be towed in cause AC to lose prime.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Twin engines and you topped out at 13 mph? Couldn't even plain off. What was the rpm when that happened? Did you leave the throttle open and then it straightend up or did you stop and go over and over till it ran right?
Sounds like something got in your gas. Maybe add some seafoam to clean up the lines.

I've no clue on the AC. Good luck

SST

It also sounds like the problem came after you put gas in. You should check with other boaters at your marina to see if they have a similar problem.
Did you really run out of gas?

I envy you owning a Sig 270. Ever since I first saw one at the Toronto boat show 10+ years ago, I said to myself, "That boat fits me perfectly." But cost of purchase and yearly maintenance was beyond me reach.

Reactions: Doc

Country70

Thanks I love my 270. The fuel gauge does not work but I did stick a rope down in the tank to check and it came out dry!

Attachments

• IMG_7672.jpeg
    IMG_7672.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 11

Iggy

Change your fuel filters. You ether got dirty fuel or water in the fuel.

On my last boat, a Sig 290 with twins. I installed 2 Racor fuel filters with the drain bowls. The drains are used to let any water out.

Reactions: Doc