Olistoys1

Hi Oliver here ( Oli ). We decided after just moving to Tennessee and living 7 miles from Lake Normandy we were going to add a boat to our collection of toys. I am always shopping…. Been in search of a 20 to 23’ boat for the wife and I to putt around in in addition to our Skis and after 10 months I found the boat. A 2004 204 SSI with 243 hrs, the boat was in great shape it was on a boat lift most of its life and the owner must of been a hell of a Captain because there wasn’t a mark on the bottom of the hull…. And I mean nothing. It needed my detailing but the interior looked new, the worst part of the buy was the trailer was left out and needed a bit of work. So After about a week of working on everything sun up to sun down especially the trailer which I completely repainted new wheels tires aluminum grips on a fender she is complete. So we are out with her and our RV camping and everything is working great. 2 things I would like to upgrade a stainless prop but pitch not sure and a stereo with Bluetooth. Anyway her she is

Attachments

• IMG_9202.jpeg
    IMG_9202.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9203.jpeg
    IMG_9203.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_9200.jpeg
    IMG_9200.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_9199.jpeg
    IMG_9199.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_9198.jpeg
    IMG_9198.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9195.jpeg
    IMG_9195.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9194.jpeg
    IMG_9194.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_9190.jpeg
    IMG_9190.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9188.jpeg
    IMG_9188.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9222.jpeg
    IMG_9222.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9221.jpeg
    IMG_9221.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 26

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Welcome to Net Boat Talk Oli. And Congrats on your new to you boat. Sounds like you found a great one that was well taken care of. Way to go.
Why are you wondering about the pitch of a stainless prop? What pitch is the aluminum prop? How does it perform?

Olistoys1

I just had it out the past 2 days. Just took it off the water actually…. The boat ran great I always put Stainless impellers on all my skis thought the boat would run even better. I hit 50 mph once but it was just for a second to fast for the Bimini top I think. but that’s to fast for the wife and I can’t be going that fast with our Fur Babies on board….I would be ok with sacrificing top end for low end grunt 45 mph tops would be fine ? Not sure what pitch is on there but as far as I can see it’s original

Attachments

• IMG_9249.jpeg
    IMG_9249.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9247.jpeg
    IMG_9247.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9256.jpeg
    IMG_9256.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Aluminum gives / bends a bit on take off. Stainless would help your hole shot.
Pitch is always stamped on the prop. A number like 26 with a circle around it, at least that's what I've seen on mine. Sometimes it will be 26p. I suspect that is the pitch of your current prop for your engine size and the length of your boat. If so a 24p would increase the hole shot.

Olistoys1

Aluminum gives / bends a bit on take off. Stainless would help your hole shot.
Pitch is always stamped on the prop. A number like 26 with a circle around it, at least that's what I've seen on mine. Sometimes it will be 26p. I suspect that is the pitch of your current prop for your engine size and the length of your boat. If so a 24p would increase the hole shot.
OK, thank you for the reply. I was thinking that I wasn’t that tall of a pitch. I was thinking it was a 20 and I was gonna go down to a 19. My buddies boat is a chaparral 210 so that’s about 8 inches longer than mine and he’s got a 19 pitch 14 diam prop, but it is stainless. I’m going to look for it today…. I’ll let you know what I find. Thank you again.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I apologize. I got your boat size mixed. up. With a 20' you might be at a 19 or 20 pitch. Years ago I had a 20ft boat and I ran a 17p. It was a 6 cyl. 4.3 L. Good luck

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
4 blade S.S. will give you more bite, and you might not loose top end. Props are all theory. See if you can find a prop shop that will work with you, and head you in the right direction.