New Boat Owner

Jasen T.

Just wanted to say hello. 2023 Chaparral 21 SSI. Just purchased last week. Any and all tips will be greatly appreciated. Any thoughts on 4 bladed props ? Or should I stick with a 3 and have it cupped ? Thanks,
Jasen
Arlington, TX

Attachments

• 20240801_131626.jpg
    20240801_131626.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Iggy

Looks great! What type of boating are you doing lakes, salt? U.S.C.G. courses are a great help to new boaters, if you are one?

Reactions: Doc

Jasen T.

Looks great! What type of boating are you doing lakes, salt? U.S.C.G. courses are a great help to new boaters, if you are one?
Lake use. I've ridden PWC for years. Considering taking the boaters safety course online.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Safety course is an excellent idea.
So is a 4 blade prop. But no rush on that if your 3 blade is working fine. I prefer stainless props but they can sure get expensive.

SST

Here in NYS, "they" have been slowly making everybody take the course. I've been able to grandpa along for several years but in 2025, everybody has to take it.

Jasen T.

Here in NYS, "they" have been slowly making everybody take the course. I've been able to grandpa along for several years but in 2025, everybody has to take it.
Requirement here in Texas is anyone born after 9-1-1993 has to take it.

SST

I haven't really taken a look at it. Will I have to learn about sailing and PWC along with boating?

J Kyle

Just wanted to say hello. 2023 Chaparral 21 SSI. Just purchased last week. Any and all tips will be greatly appreciated. Any thoughts on 4 bladed props ? Or should I stick with a 3 and have it cupped ? Thanks,
Jasen
Arlington, TX
Good looking boat for sure! Welcome aboard!