2008 sunesta merc engine sensor alarm

hirvelam

I have seen people post in other forums that they have this same issue, but haven’t seen a solution yet. Hoping someone here has dealt with it…..

2008 sunesta with merc 5.0L. When going from a dead stop or slow idle to more than 1/2 throttle 3000k+ RPM’s the engine sensor alarm flashes in the dash in screen. It blinks with the 2 red lights and the lcd display says engine sensor but no audible alarm. When I back off the throttle bit it stops then if I give it gradual throttle back to full it never comes back on, or if i gradually take it up from a stop to full throttle, I get no alarms. I have watched the gauges and nothing from temp to oil pressure to voltage seems off. The mechanic pulled codes off the computer and there was nothing stored. He said it seems like a soft alarm as it isn’t triggering any major code that is getting logged (kind of like a low fuel warning). Seems like it is a sensor that is starting to fail, but where to start. Anyone experience this and have an idea on where to start other than firing that parts cannon at it. Next step will be to try live tracking with it hooked up to the computer so it can see what is out of range causing the alarm.