2007 Sunesta 254 Anchor Hatch

J Kyle

Need help finding an anchor hatch for my 2007 Sunesta 254. Mine was cracked by previous owner but still intact.

Cecil's has one but I'm not willing to part with the $500 they want for it. Looking for a reputable salvage yard that might have one. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

J Kyle

I would make one out of starboard.
If it was a flat hatch, that would be a very good option.

1719408099557.png

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Is it just cracked or broken? Where is the crack located on the cover? Can you show us a photo?

J Kyle

Is it just cracked or broken? Where is the crack located on the cover? Can you show us a photo?
It is cracked all the way thru in the middle about 3/4 of the way across like illustrated below. Previous owner must have had it open up while towing boat or underway as it is on bow of boat.

1719492768941.png

J Kyle

Does the crack go down the side in the smooth part?
Yes it does, I will send a picture of the actual hatch this weekend since I have boat at home now. I thought about fiberglass repair but not sure how they would replicate the anti-skid on top or if it would be that much cheaper.

J Kyle

Hatch didn't make it thru the weekend :mad:. I broke down and ordered one from Cecil's. Thanks to everyone who offered ideas and suggestions.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Hatch didn't make it thru the weekend :mad:. I broke down and ordered one from Cecil's. Thanks to everyone who offered ideas and suggestions.
Probably was the right thing to do. It will look nicer than a repair, and help to keep the value up