Tie ups vs wake boats?

Wake boating has grown in my area. This is when the person behind the boat rides the wake without a rope pulling him. The wake boat goes extra slow and has 500LBs or more of water in a pouch in the rear of the boat to give it more wake. The wake produced when wake boating is huge.
I have no problem with them excpet when they approach and go by a tie up of 4 boats and do not stop or turn so as not to rock the living hell out of the tied up boats and make them bang against each other.
Boaters can all enjoy the water in whatever way they want but please be aware of others on the water and be considerate. That is not to much to ask.
Has anyone else noticed this issue wherever you boat?

Are you in a harbor, or open water.
You are responsible for your wake!
There still courteous boaters out there

A friend of mine was traveling down The Sandusky River in his 20 ft. Whaler and the wake hit him by surprise, he said it was like hitting a brick wall, he could not believe how big it was, on a boat no bigger then his.
The thing about them, is they have to have calm water to be able to do it.

Reactions: Doc
That is not to much to ask.
Yes it is ... sadly... I hate them and the buffoons that own them !!!!! I have many stories. 2 include insurance claims and one a chase across the lake by the sheriff...

They are class A douche bags.... All of them...

Does my hatred show? I hope so.

Yes it is ... sadly... I hate them and the buffoons that own them !!!!! I have many stories. 2 include insurance claims and one a chase across the lake by the sheriff...

They are class A douche bags.... All of them...

Does my hatred show? I hope so.
Actually you come across as being quite calm about it all. LOL
True boaters and Yachtsmen are becoming a thing of the past.
All structure is gone there are no more perimeters or boundaries to heed.
If I had to put up with half of the crap that a lot you guys do, the marriage between me and my girl would be a thing of the past.
They spend $90,000 for a boat that all they can do with it is make everyone near them unhappy, you won't see that boat on my Great Lakes.:clap:

Is there any no wake zones that are marked that you can raft off in?
Nope. None. The Ohio River has barge traffic. With barges traveling up and down daily they cannot have a no wake zone or the barges could not operate.
Consideration of other boaters would be nice. Some are, most it seems are not.

Fortunately, I don't seem to have this drastic problem. But Lake Erie is rarely smooth especially this year. But with my own boat, I have to be careful creating a large wake. At 10mph, I create a fairly large wake. Even at 6mph its still kinda large. Traveling up the Erie Canal can be a bit tiresome having to go so slow to prevent a wake. Most of my annoyance around here are paddlers.

Agreed, no wake zones can sure be annoying. Especially on a hot day. 1000 rpm or below equals 3 to 4 mph. Not much fun.