Drive Shower

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
This is for you that like to have your outdrive looking as nice as the rest of your girl. I have posted before about the drive shower on the Chaparral Boat Forum, so this is for you that have not see, nor heard about the drive shower. I was introduced to the shower by one of the Chap guys, so I always try to pass a good thing on.The following photos are of, one season running before installing the shower, and one season running after installing the shower. I did not do anything to the drive through the season, it was never washed between runs.

Before the shower I used white distilled vinegar and mild rubbing compound to get it clean. After installing the shower, I just use a mild dish soap with some vinegar to remove the water spots when I give it, it's one and only bath at the end of the season.
IMG_1343.JPG
IMG_1343.JPG
IMG_3754.JPG
IMG_3754.JPG

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I put a drive shower on aa 2003 Sunsation MCOB with a 496 HO in it. The shower cause cavatation on take off. I would get up just about on plane and it would cavatate / like a stall, then pick up and go. I removed the shower and the cavatation issue stopped.
I wanted the shower to keep the outdrive cool when running. Never considered it might make it easier to clean.
Glad yours works for you.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I put a drive shower on aa 2003 Sunsation MCOB with a 496 HO in it. The shower cause cavatation on take off. I would get up just about on plane and it would cavatate / like a stall, then pick up and go. I removed the shower and the cavatation issue stopped.
I wanted the shower to keep the outdrive cool when running. Never considered it might make it easier to clean.
Glad yours works for you.
Sorry to hear that , who made it, do you have a photo of it. I do not have any issues with mine.
The way that mine is designed only the tips of the straws are just under the cavitation plate. how many straws did your unit have,. and how deep and where was the pick up.
IMG_3757.JPG
t mine is designed

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Sorry I can't answer most of your questions. This was on my first Sunsation. I have another Sunsation now but have never tried a drive shower on it.
I do remember the one on the old boat had two straws for pic ups. I had it installed professionally. Marine shop was surprised also. I was disappointed but glad to get it off my boat.