HIT ANYTHING LATELY

Bt Doctur

Super Moderator
Staff member
:oops: This is the result of an underwater strike , may have been hit 2 years prior.No one knows.Underwater strikes result in damage that may not be visable initially.Also where the O ring went is a known weak spot in the drive shaft.The second pic is the result of a severe overheat condition. the waterpocket cover was destroyed.

SV400001.JPG

SV400009.JPG

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Manuvering a boat around an object you see in the water can be tricky if it is only a few feet in front of you and you are going 30 or 40mph.
I've hit a couple of sticks. I cringe every time it happens. The worst ones are the slightly submerged ones that you dont even see. You just hear the big ole CLUNK!!!! :eek:
It can ruin your boating day and season depending on the severity.

OhioTC18

One of the guys at work just got back from a fishing trip to Briery Creek Lake in Virginia..........HUGE Large Mouth Bass.
Anyway he saw a guy with a seat and steering wheel setup mounted on the front casting deck so he could maneuver in and around the submerged stumps. He could look right out over the bow and see them at slow troll speed.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I've been on lakes like that. Your friend had a good setup for that situation. We weren't as lucky. We had someone up front watching for the stumps..

mrfixit

At The end of the last season i hit a submerged log. Thankfully it was too rotten to hurt anything. just looked back and saw millions of wood chips floating in the river. Got very lucky