What do you tow your Boat with?

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Here's your chance to show off your tow vehicle. Show us what you tow your boat with. :thumb:

bdavis

boat001-1.jpg

Here's what I'll be towing my boat/camper with.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Very nice Brian. :beer: :thumb:

I'll be shopping for something like that about a year from now. I'm babying my old Chevy thru one more year, 1993 Siverado stepside w 190k on it. :hide:

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Nice Pugger. Welcome to net boat talk. :thumb:

I got a new tow vehicle that I had not posted yet.
Here is a couple of pics:

ChevySilverado1500.JPG

ChevySilverado1500-2.JPG

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Those pics were taken by the car dealer I bought it from. I'm in Ohio. But I bought the truck from a dealer in Texas via ebay.

Bamby

menupop.gif
menupop.gif
2003 Chevy 5.3 so far it's been a pretty good truck. Doc that hood on yours sure would look good on mine, nice looking ride. Sure wish pictures came out better though.

0605091338-00.jpg

0605091339-00.jpg

Challenger604

This has been our tow rig for the last 6 years. 2011 GMC Yukon with the 6.2. 170k on the clock. Tows our 200LE. Think the boat and trailer come in around 4200 lbs. Pulls good. However it’s time for an updated rig. Thinking about the new Yukon with the Diesel engine.
C02CF98B-7CC7-40C1-BB6A-E68699ADC094.jpeg

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Well, timely post for me. If you see my post from 09 above. It was my new to me Silverado. Nice truck. Really decked out. Served me well. But this year the engine light came on, had it fixed. Came on again. Had it fixed, different sensor. Came on again. Had it fixed, once again different sensor. Came on again. .... time to trade it in.

I found a nice Toyota Tundra Platinum in Hagerstown Maryland that I liked. 2018 model with 48k on it. And they'd give me 10k for my Silverado. I took them up on that offer. :D
It tows my boat like a breeze. I'll try to get a pic of it and the boat when I tow the boat to get it winterized. Once again, this is a pic that the dealer had posted of the truck. Not one I took.

1.JPG

RichMarionOhio

Been towing with my 2011 GMC Sierra which just turned 70,000 miles. Hoping to get a newer unit if the prices ever come down. Man, they cost as much as a house any more!

Attachments

• IMG_20160425_144730119.jpg
    IMG_20160425_144730119.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 113

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
My girl has had 5 tow vehicles.
First was a 1985 Buick Rivera
Then a 1994 4WD Chevy S-10 Blazer
A 1998 4DW Jeep Grand Cherokee
And a 2008 2WD GMC Acadia
Presently she is being chauffeured by a 2012 AWD GMC Acadia
IMG_9895.JPG

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Been towing with my 2011 GMC Sierra which just turned 70,000 miles. Hoping to get a newer unit if the prices ever come down. Man, they cost as much as a house any more!
I know the feeling Rick. Until just a few months ago I was hanging in there towing my boat with a 2005 Silverado. It did the job okay but I was sure ready for an upgrade and hoping prices would come down. Didn't happen but I did get 10k for the 05 Silverado. I only paid 19k for it in 09. So not bad.

Phillbo

d

Daily drive and road trip machine... '17 F150 eco boost. This thing is a rocket ship with the twin turbos and with the max tow package is rated for 11K. I'll retire the F250 soon since I only tow the boat about 12 miles from storage to ramp ...
F150- 2.jpg

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
d

Daily drive and road trip machine... '17 F150 eco boost. This thing is a rocket ship with the twin turbos and with the max tow package is rated for 11K. I'll retire the F250 soon since I only tow the boat about 12 miles from storage to ramp ...
View attachment 1342
Very impressive. A 1/2 ton that will tow 11k. Wow. Kudo's.
Guessing your boat weighs around 9k. Is that close?