Houseboat show in Louisville Feb 23rd

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
My daughter and SIL bought us tickets to the Louisville Houseboat extravaganza in February. So we are going to be there for sure.

Anyone else planning on making the scene?

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Ali, do you have a list of potential hotels for the HB show. We need to get those taken care of. Give me the list and I can call em if you like.

OhioTC18

Doc,
The show is at the Expo Center where the National Farm Machinery Show is held later the same month. I've been there numerous times, nice facility.
I usually stayed at the Executive Inn, right across the road from the entrance. It's a very old hotel, but it has a bed and a TV.........LOL
I've also stayed at the Holiday Inn-Airport. Easy access to the freeway and then 5 or 6 miles to the Expo Center.

Here's a link to the closest hotels.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Thanks Jerry. :thumb:

Are you getting the urge to buy a houseboat ....I know where you could dock it. :D
Come on down and go shopping ...and be prepared for you jaw to hit the floor. :D

OhioTC18

Thanks Jerry. :thumb:

Are you getting the urge to buy a houseboat ....I know where you could dock it. :D
Come on down and go shopping ...and be prepared for you jaw to hit the floor. :D
Oh No, not me............I've "heard" that a boat is nothing but a hole in the water you toss money into. :hide:
My co-worker tells me a boat owners dream is a bigger boat anyway. I'll stick to my tractor.
The National Farm Machinery Show is 2 weekends before that. It fills the entire Expo Center.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Yeah, and some say The happiest two days of a boat owners life are:
The day he buys it, and the day he sells it. :eek:

I've proved that wrong. What happens in between makes all the difference.
While they can be like a bottomless hole in the water in which you throw money ....with a little education a person can get the boat that is right for them and not end up with one of those nightmaires where either of those old wives tales come true.

I started a boat buyers guide book but have not finished it. Maybe by this fall if I focus .... it could happen. :D

OhioTC18

I was just teasing ya Doc. Everyone loves their boats. I've been on your houseboat and truly enjoyed every minute of it. There's something to be said about being on the water whether leisurely cruising or on a go fast boat.

The houseboat show looks like it will be a big hit again this year.

Ali

Wakeboarding Momma!
Some pics from the show....

hsbt 1.jpg

hsbt 2.jpg

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Thanks Ali!

....Oh yeah, that reminds me. I need to dig out my pics from the show. :hide:
I'll try to get to them soon. :D