Fiberglass Oxidation

mrfixit

I have a 88 Ski nautique and was wondering what would be the next step in trying to remove the dull, oxidized, finish on the side of my boat. I have already tryed the Meguiers (sp) 3 step kit but it didn't seem to do a whole lot. I didn't use a buffer or any thing on it. It was all good ol elbow grease. Any hints or ideas would be appreciated.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Are you saying that will get rid of oxidation?
Nicks boat is RED. The white on the boat doesn't show it near as bad but the red on it is red with white in it. I just won't shine.
I thought he'd have to sand it to get rid of it.
Force220 is doing sanding on his black & red Baja now. I hope he'll share some pics here of how that turns out.

Bt Doctur

Super Moderator
Staff member
doc, "Copper-Tone"
I know it sounds funny but it REALLY works.Does your skin turn color with it applied? It`s basically oil product.Coconut,Palm,etc.
Plus you`ll have the nicest smelling boat in the marina.

mrfixit

Well if nothing else it's worth a shot. I don't think it could make it any worse than it already is.

Bt Doctur

Super Moderator
Staff member
No wax needed, just lotion. Buffed a little it does shine. I`ve waxed mine after applying the lotion.Never hurt it.It stayed shiny a lot longer than my slipmates who were waxing every 3 weeks.