I LOVE eBay!!!

waybomb

I'd rather be blown
They are stanless steel racing props. Very expensive when new. I've been watching ebay for a long time to nab some spares. If I screwed up one of mine, I'd have to pay thousands to fix or replace, plus I'd be without a bought for a long time.
They cost new in the $3,000 each range. Here's what the ones on my boat look like:

props.jpg

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Damn. Those 31" pitch props look wicked. I knew you had 3 props so I wondered what you'd do with two. Spares. I see.
GREAT find!!!!!!!!!! I need more time to spend on ebay. :hide: :D

waybomb

I'd rather be blown
eBay is the best place to buy new stuff and to buy good used hard parts. For my current rebuild, I've purchased 4 brand new raw water pumps, each under 100 bucks each, 4 V6-14 TBolt modules, each under 100 bucks, 3 new tbolt distributors, each less than 95, a complete case of AR133 plugs at less than a buck each, OEM wire sets at 25 bucks each, GM EOS at less than 10 bucks a bottle, etc, etc.

My last boat was a 42 Carver aft cabin. I bought spare props for it too. Brand new Nibrals for 95 bucks each. And most of the new electronics for it as well.

I'd rather buy spares that I can sell later than to get to the point where I must buy at retail.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I never looked for auto or boat parts on ebay. Duh.

So with your turbo charged motors your run OEM plug wires?

waybomb

I'd rather be blown
Doc, supercharged, not turbo charged. Supercharged are driven mechanically, turbocharged uses exhaust gas as the motive force.

Yes, stock ignition, except with a V6 module, so I get less distributor advance. Stock wires. And I use Autolite AR133 plugs. I do run MSD rev limiters.

I only run 5 pounds of boost. If I was running high boost, I may switch to an aftermarket multiple discharge spark.