4 months away

Crums

Wakeboarder Extraordinaire
Have you started detailing the boat and putting together the repair list yet for the upcoming season? I'm in the rut of looking at the boat trader and multiple websites dreaming of having a new boat this season, and as always reality smacks me in the face. Why is it that as a boater you are never satisfied with what you have currently? Does it ever stop? It seems almost every boater I've encountered has the same bug, if it were just 2 feet longer, just 10 inches wider, or just another 100 horsepower it would be perfect! Oh well, I guess I can't complain. I do have a boat which is better than not so I'll crack a cold one and keep dreaming. Happy boating:D

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Welcome Josh, and congrats for being the first poster on Net Boat Talk. Kewl.

You are so right. I'm always looking for that next boat. My 25' Force Baja is perfect for us. It has some get up and go, and does it with one engine. I really don't need to go faster. I sure don't need to be feeding two engines. but I find myself looking at them. ...... A 32ft Sunsation would be so Awesome.
So, here's a pic of a 1998 32ft Sunsation Dominator, twin 502's, that I could buy if I had about 85k. :D

Sunsation32ftTwin502s.jpg

thcri

I am really excited about getting my boat out this coming year. For the last two years I have been having problems with the motor idling. It would always kill out or try and catch itself and speed way up. Four repair shops and still no answer. Finally found a guy that does boat stuff on the side and he figured it our right away. I have a 98 5.7 EFI 260PHP. It was one of the first EFI's made by Mercruiser and has ran great for the first years. My only problem is when the guy repaired it he also winterized it. So I am sitting here anxiously waiting to start that thing up and see if it runs right.

murph

OhioTC18

Doc,
I've seen a lot of your boating pictures. I think I'd be best suited on your houseboat with a cold one just floating down the river.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I am really excited about getting my boat out this coming year. For the last two years I have been having problems with the motor idling. It would always kill out or try and catch itself and speed way up. Four repair shops and still no answer. Finally found a guy that does boat stuff on the side and he figured it our right away. I have a 98 5.7 EFI 260PHP. It was one of the first EFI's made by Mercruiser and has ran great for the first years. My only problem is when the guy repaired it he also winterized it. So I am sitting here anxiously waiting to start that thing up and see if it runs right.

murph

I bet you are anxious Murph. I have hopes I attracting a few marine mechanics to offer up ideas on how to fix stuff. I know one from another forum but don't know if he has the time for us to. All I can do is ask.
Heck, way up there where you are it will be July 4th before you thaw out. :D

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Doc,
I've seen a lot of your boating pictures. I think I'd be best suited on your houseboat with a cold one just floating down the river.

Yep Jerry, that suits me just fine most days. Especially since the Houseboat was new to us last year. It is so relaxing. After a week or two I'm ready to fire up the Baja and ride some waves just cause we can. :thumb:

I should sell our jet ski this year. It runs good but Nick (our son who used the jet ski most) got a ski boat so the jet ski sits.
...Hey Al, do you want a jet ski for down in Panama. I might deliver it to you for the right price. :hide: :poke: :yankchain:

Wannafish

floppy member
"Have you started detailing the boat and putting together the repair list yet for the upcoming season? "

YES - and it's a big list.

"Why is it that as a boater you are never satisfied with what you have currently? Does it ever stop?"

NO. I've gone bigger until I reached 36', then I went smaller, now bigger again...and it doesn't stop there! First it was fishing boats - then bigger fishing boats - then go fasts - then bigger go fasters - then sail boats - then bigger sailboats - now it's both power and sail boats. I'm beginning to see the reason my wife thinks I'm nuts! :nocomment:

"It seems almost every boater I've encountered has the same bug, if it were just 2 feet longer, just 10 inches wider, or just another 100 horsepower it would be perfect!"

IT'S only perfect the first time you take it out! Then you find things that could be tweaked just a little...

thcri

I bet you are anxious Murph. I have hopes I attracting a few marine mechanics to offer up ideas on how to fix stuff. I know one from another forum but don't know if he has the time for us to. All I can do is ask.
Heck, way up there where you are it will be July 4th before you thaw out. :D

Doc,

I just got my annual email. They are starting to take ice measurements on Lake Pepin. Why is this important, because they will start to forecast the first barge of the season. Once that barge goes through it is usually within a week and the ice is all gone. If windy after he goes through the ice will be gone within two days. I can be in the water by April 15th if I really want to go out in the cold. This year I will. I am anxious.

murph

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Wow. You'll sure beat me in the water if you get in that early. I've never ever been in that early. The year we bought the jet ski I was in on April 28th, but that is my earliest ever ....and I was in a wet suit on the jet ski. :D

vyborny1

ha
gotcha beat--march 17 but it was in lake cumberland and 72deg
soon as we were done it was rewinterized and pulled up to oh
(btw march 18 43 deg and a very wet rain):puke:

Crums

A few years back I went to a ski tournament the second weekend of April in Illinois, the water was a scortching 55 degrees. It was a memorible weekend, the first practice run I took my wetsuit zipper broke , the hot tubs they were supposed have never got delivered, and the people running the contest didn't have any judges ligned for the contest. Needless to say that was the earliest I've been in the water, I learned that 55 degree water aint no joke!

Crums

I started this thread 1 year and 2 days ago, I think it's time to get it going again.

Does anyone have spring projects for the preperation of this years boating seaon?
I've been procrastonating wiring my battery system and adding a few more watts (600 to the mids and 400 to the sub)to the stereo system. At one time I could here my stereo as clear as day when I was skiing behind the boat, after a few waves soaked the old amps I had to put what I had laying around the garage which was about 1/2 off what was in there.