My Boating and Camping Misadventure

Bamby

Kind of slow here so I thought I'd post some stories from my blog that maybe some of you may enjoy here.

Boating and Camping is a wonderful way and opportunity to see and experience so many places that otherwise may be unattainable. My own first experience of camping and boating involved canoes and rivers. Though I'd had a lot of day trip outings on various streams in the area I live, my real dream was to do some remote river excursions, and get away from some of the crowds. I finally had the opportunity and companionship to go on a long weekend years ago. We traveled to the South Branch Potomac River in eastern West Virginia to float a section of river commonly called the trough. This river and its relatively unspoiled banks of tall trees, unobstructed views of clear blue skies, and occasional cattle pastures with the cattle grazing peacefully right up to the water's edge. With water of such clarity a person could clearly observe the rocks and fish finning twenty feet below on the river bottom, and is in itself a truly soulful experience

Rest of Story Here:
http://blog.pontoonhouseboatodyssey.com/2009/03/19/my-boating-and-camping-misadventure.aspx

Bamby

You know that now that I've moved on to power boats that are unable to navigate rivers such as the Potomac. And you know what sometimes I really miss the canoe and the ability to penetrate remote quiet places I formally could enjoy. There are often times I wish I'd have held on to that boat....