Where is the SAILBOAT Category?

Wannafish

floppy member
I realize the majority of you have powerboats, but some of us have sailboats too! How about a category for such...it isn't really even an "etc." under the "Houseboats, Pontoons, etc" category.

I have two of the dern things - a 26' (for sale) and a 41' project boat.
My 41' even has a carved mermaid on the bow under the bowsprit. Previous Owner (PO) did a lot of work to change the character of the boat to resemble one from the turn of the century (1900, not 2000).
Wooden masts (it's a "Ketch" so it has two masts); the sink in the head is brass; the countertop in the galley is all copper plate with a brass sink and brass faucets; lots of neat items like that.

Can't wait for the snow to melt so I can get under the cover and get some pictures!

Oh, and so you won't think too lowly of me...I have a 30' SeaRay also.

waybomb

I'd rather be blown
What do you call a sailboat at the bottom of Lake Michigan?

A start.

But you are not a true bloboater - you also have a power boat. So you must be ok.:tiphat:

Wannafish

floppy member
You're just jealous - I can go out on the boat all day and only spend $1.00 on gas. Of course it takes me all day to get outside the pierhead and back in again, but hey! Wasn't that fun...?

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Rick,
Most of the targeted forums are rather empty. Till we get more members I hate to open another empty forum.
So, I added blow boats to the bass boat/ fishing boat forum. Once we have 15 sail boat threads I'll move them all into a targeted sail boat forum. Hows that sound? Help me keep an eye on it when it hits 15 threads. :thumb:

I heard the term blow boats on a speedboat forum. If blow boats is 'negative' to sail boaters let me know and I'll change it.

Wannafish

floppy member
I'll do that. Heck, we're a third of the way there already!
I'll try to remember to bring pictures in to post tomorrow. We will be at 15 in no time.

Fair winds and tight sails.
(What do ya get when a feed a fat gal tacos?)

W'nt Crazy

I'll see if I can help this along also will link this to the sail club members and see what happens, Keep up the good work,, I belong to several other forums and once this gets off the ground you really get a lot of usefull info..

There's more to life than just sailing, so let me know when you find it..

Wannafish

floppy member
...I belong to several other forums and once this gets off the ground you really get a lot of usefull info..

Great - thanks! The more the merrier. With alot of members come alot of opinions. It's always a good thing to have different sides to a conversation as it inspires thought.
I think I'll have another beer! :drink:

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I'll see if I can help this along also will link this to the sail club members and see what happens, Keep up the good work,, I belong to several other forums and once this gets off the ground you really get a lot of usefull info..

There's more to life than just sailing, so let me know when you find it..

THANKS!!!! Rep points for you. This is exactly what we need. Links to here from other boating sites. :thumb: