Fuel prices

OhioTC18

Don't know for sure since I'm in Ohio, but welcome to Net Boat Talk. Hope you find it interesting here. We are a very new forum and always like to see new members stroll in.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Welcome to Net Boat Talk Country Gal. I'm glad you found us. :thumb:

I'd guess like everywhere else gas is up about 50 cents a gallon more than last year.

It sucks, but ya know I got to thinking about it ....and while gas is one of the major expense costs, even being up 50 cents a gallon is not that much more for me.

I break it down like this. My houseboat holds 150 gallons. I can get 4 weekends out of a tank full easily. 50 cents times 150 means it costs me 75 bucks more to fill up.
75 divided by 4 = 18.75
So in other words it costs me about 20 bucks more a weekend. Heck, that's not bad for all the fun we have.
And if I use the Baja instead of the houseboat it works out even better.
Baja holds 66 gallons. That will do me for two weekends.
50 cents times 66 gallons = 33 bucks more for a fill up.
It costs me about 16.50 more per weekend of boating. No biggie.

For all the fun we have on the water it's well worth it to me. And heck, who knows, maybe we'll even have some longer tie ups where I don't even use that much gas. :thumb: tie ups = party!!!! :beer:

Crums

Wakeboarder Extraordinaire
How much is eveyone paying on the water? Last weekend I was pleasantly surprised to see gas was only $4.29 on the river (not bad when all of the land stations are $4.09). I'm heading to Norris lake in Tenn. and am curious what the gas prices will be there?

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
At a lake resort like that I'll wager that you'll be paying $5 a gallon. I hope I'm wrong, but that's my guess.

Crums

Wakeboarder Extraordinaire
I'm guessing at least 5.50 or higher, I'll be surprised if it's any less.