We went boating yesterday!

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Timing worked in our favor, yesterday afternoon was sunny and warm. DW and I took advantage and went for a great boat ride and stopped at a local restaurant (Ricky D's) for dinner. What a great day.
This is by far the latest in the season ever for us to go boating. We even saw a couple fishing boats and one big paddle wheel boat. Otherwise we had the river mostly to ourself. :thumb: :D :beer:

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Yep, I was burnt out from the pace of moving web sites from Chicago to WV. I got net music talk running and decided to leave well enough alone. It was 75 when we headed to the river and I was told it hit 80 while we were out. Sure felt like it. Bathing suit weather for sure. :thumb: The sun felt oh so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OhioTC18

Is FF still on the Chicago server? If so, I hope the move makes it load quicker. The server response time over there is bad.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Nope, but it is about to be moved also. It's on a different server but behind the same firewall. All forums share the same connection to the internet. Hoping that does not turn out to be a problem.

bdavis

Lucky guy. My boat's been stored for a month now. Lakes are close to freezup. Temps hovering around the freezing mark. Light dusting of snow on the ground.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
We've had sunny weather the past few days, getting up to the mid 50's. To cold for me to boat. Sure glad it is not freezing though. We are adding a storage shed at the boat club and are having trouble manuvering the big boats around with 1/3 of our space taken up for construction equipment. Hoping to get out of the water in the next week or two.

Bamby

We'd really hoped we could use ours a bit longer yet. Due to the weather being bad on the last few weekends I guess we missed out. Oh well it's actually been a good summer all in all for the most part. We actually logged 110 hours on her this summer and had a lot of memorial times on both it and the sandbar and thats what boating all about. This weekend actually Friday I've got to pull her out for the season here. Our club traditionally pulls all the docks the first weekend of November so I'm done till spring. Unfortunately it's going to another long long winter awaiting spring. The summer sure seems to fly by faster every year.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
After the Sternwheeler festival we do good to get out two times. This last day out it got up to 80 degrees. It was awesome.
I actually wish we were out of the water but things at the club are exteremly hectic this year. A new 140 x 80 shed is under construction and that has all the boats squeezed into the remaining areas. It's tight. Plus one boat is finishing up a paint project, going to get some primer put on before winter. He iis right next to my stall, and I don't want to chance any overspray, so I can't go into the shed yet. I'll have to hope for good weather in a week or two to pull her out then. Our docks were supposed to come out this weekend but no way that can happen. Everything is behind this year with the shed project underway.

Bamby

Well we're done for this boating season. We pulled our boat Friday and pressure washed the most and worst of the growth and mess off of the toons as soon as it came out of the water. We had a good turnout of folks show up on Saturday and managed to remove all the docks and ramps in one day. This is usually a two day event so everything went well, but I'm sure the nice weather we had also encouraged more members to show. But all in all it went well for us. I sure hated seeing our boat sitting on the trailer and realizing it would be months before we'd be able to use her again.

Our Pickup And Pontoon Houseboat.JPG

Our Pontoon houseboat Picture.JPG

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
She cleans up good ...er I should say the pontoons clean up good. You can't tell they were in the water for the past 5 months. Getting at it right after it comes out of the water sure helps.
We are still in, mostly because of the shed project. With luck that project will be done in a week and all can come out of the water. I just hope the weather cooperates with us, which so far it sure is. :thumb: :D