Bass Boat vs Go Fast Baja

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I have a Baja go fast. It does alright with the big block 454 but I do not get over 60mph. When I first got it I would be cruising along and here comes a bass boat. Ha, he's trying to pass me. :D So I bump it up a notch. Hmm not near enough so I bumped it up some more, then more. Hell, I'm now full throttle giving her all it got, and he's still gaining. :pat:
Whoosh :eek2: There he goes. :pat:

Some of yall have dang fast boats. What is the fastest bass boat you've riden in?

Wannafish

floppy member
"What is the fastest bass boat you've riden in?"

A Triton that did 75 easily.
The bass boat that felt the fastest was mine - an 18' Bass Tracker Targa with a 90 on the back. Only reason it felt the fastest is because my bass fishing partner was driving and I was leaning back in the passenger seat relaxing. We were going about 45 when he turned his body to look behind him, and when he did he yanked the wheel around. Zoop! There I went, over the side. Skipped like a rock four or five times, then my head caught and down I went. Flying and skipping felt really fast :dizzy2:. Luckily we always wear life jackets when moving from one fishing spot to another.
Did I mention this was before Memorial day in northern Michigan? Water was frickin' COLD!