Lund Boats

OhioTC18

In the discussions I get into at work, mostly about fishing, I keep hearing the name Lund pop up. They are more expensive than some of the others. Are they worth the extra money? What are you getting in return for the money?

bdavis

I know Lunds are a good solid boat that will last years. My buddy has one that's over 30 yrs old and still looks like new. While many other boat builders use a thinner aluminum and single rivets, lunds aluminum is thicker and they use double rivets when assembling their boats.

billbill1

I have fished Minnesota a couple of times, mostly Lund boats are used where the water gets really rough. I've had Starcraft 16', Blue Fin 19', and the 16' Lowe that we currently use. The Lund's are much more expensive and probably worth the difference long term. I should have kept the Starcraft, I sold it when I bought the Blue Fin and have regretted it since. The Lowe is a good little boat, we paid $3600 for it with a 50 hp Mercury and Minn Kota auto-pilot troller on the front. 2 live wells and some storage on board.

RJS

I would recommend you steer clear of Polar Kraft boats. I have one thats only 5yrs old, been used only in fresh water lakes and It has lots of little pin holes in the bottom that seem to be about half way through. The keel guard (subject to same conditions) has no holes at all but the company denies any metal quality issues or responsibilty. Anyone else with similar issues?