I"m ready for boating season, are you?

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I got out the Baja last night. I installed a new auto battery charger on her last fall and was curious to see how it worked. For the first time ever I did not mess with the batteries at all this spring.
I hooked up the ear muffs, turned on the water, put the trim down and turned the key. It turned a little slow. Did it again, and again. Then finally on the fourth (or 5th) try she fired up. Ahhhh that sweet sound of all 8 cylinders purring. :D
Everything else on the boat checked out. Freshened the porta potty with chemicals and water and we are good to go. I'll put in on Thursday right after work and boat right through Memorial day.
We are a little slow on the House Boat this year. I'll try to put her in the first weekend in June.
I'm so excited. Boating season 2010 is here.

How about you?

Bamby

We're leaving in the morning for our first outing. We're late this year, the weather just hasn't been cooperative until now. We usually have at least two or three weekends of boating in by now. Oh well, tomorrow night I'll be sleeping under the stars nestled into our favorite sandbar. Life will then again be good.

Here's to a wonderful weekend :beer:

Enjoy

Last edited:

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Sounds good Bamby, you have a good boating holiday weekend also. Sure looks like the weather is going to be great for boating. I'll drink to that! Three beers, er I mean three cheers for that. :beer: :beer: :beer: (cheers = beers :D)

OhioTC18

We're leaving in the morning for our first outing. We're late this year, the weather just hasn't been cooperative until now. We usually have at least two or three weekends of boating in by now. Oh well, tomorrow night I'll be sleeping under the stars nestled into our favorite sandbar. Life will then again be good.

Here's to a wonderful weekend :beer:

Enjoy
How has your weekend gone so far?

Bamby

Actually we just got back a few hours ago. Everything went well, and the motor probably didn't turn over twice and it was running. Had a wonderful long weekend, and caught up with our boating acquaintances and shared our winter blues experiences with one another. It was good to be back on the water again. :a1:

Houseboat_on_Sandbar.jpg

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I'll drink to that!!!! :beer:
We had a great weekend. All with the Baja went well, until we went to take her out of the water. One of the boards on the trailer was floating. :eek:
It had come away from it's bunk. I'm not going to waste time trying to repair it I'm simply going to replace the board, screws and carpet. The whole shebang. :D

Plus, I'm putting in the 'big girl' today (our houseboat). Wish me luck. It's always a little nerve racking moving 16tons of boat around on a trailer to get her in the water. I'll feel much better when she's floating.

AllenOK

I took my kayak out fishing a little over a week ago. I didn't catch my target fish, but did manage to catch a few.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Hey, at least you got out on the water. That is what it's all about.
It rained a lot here this weekend but we made it out on Friday and Sunday. Saturday was a wash.