Hailing Frequencies Open!

AllenOK

Hello!

My name is Allen. I live in Oklahoma, hence the handle.

I am a fishing addict, but without a boat. I'm looking to get a boat to get myself away from the bank and increase my catch rates.

I'm a member over on Doc's Net Cooking Talk website. I've been meaning to make my way over here and poke around.

I'm a cook by trade, currently working in a country club.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Hey Allen. Glad to have you over here too.
This forum is a whole lot slower than Net Cooking Talk; Darnit.
Welcome to Net Boat Talk. I hope you'll help liven this place up. :D

I saw some really nice and fast bass boats this weekend. There was a fishing tourney and they were flying around all around us. I was on a houseboat, just floating slowly along. :D :beer:

AllenOK

Yeah, I figured it would be a bit slower over here.

Some of those bass boat folks, especially the tourney fishers, have no common sense at all. Some of the stories I've read over on Master Catters 2 about running a boat on Santee........'nuff said.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
What is santee? :confused:

Yeah, I have to admit I've seen crazy types on all kinds of boats. An educated boater that knows the rules of the water is the best, no hands down. I wish more would take the time to take the local boating classes and learn before they get out on the water.

AllenOK

Doc, Lake Santee-Cooper, in NC. Lots and LOTS of broken-off stumps just below, at, or above the surface, depending on lake level at that time, not to mention some submerged hilltops just below lake level. You have to know where the channels are to run with any respectable speed, or proceed at a crawl everywhere.

waybomb

I'd rather be blown
I have a different take - get that boat up out of the water and fly. You won't hit a thing. A 18 foot jet boat with a blown 572 and a 9"droop snoot - no problem!