River Convoy

RiversRme

Bring your boat to Louisville this June and take a two day trip on the Ohio River with seasoned river boaters. This is a great opportunity for those who have not experienced the beauty of the river and would like to do so in the company of those who know it well. No costs, no sign-up, just join us. For details go to:
http://www.riverlorian.com/riverconvoy.htm

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Looks like fun for sure. That is a hard website to read with the pic being so big, so I resized the pic and copied some of the info here. Hope that is okay.

from link in original post said:
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]Join us on the River....
[/FONT]
longblackline.gif

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]River Convoy[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]
Many people hesitate to put their boats in the river for various reasons. For many the interest is there but they never had an opportunity to learn more about it. Rivers are different than lakes and it is wise to learn from those who have the experience and are willing to share their knowledge.
[/FONT]
This summer we are planning a "River Convoy". Several experienced river people join me in inviting anyone with a powerboat to travel with us on a weekend trip on the Ohio River and Kentucky River. We will depart from the Louisville area and travel upriver to the Kentucky River where we will go up to the decommissioned Lock & Dam #1 to stay overnight below the dam. We will then make the return trip the next day. This will not only be a learning experience for many but will be a lot of fun for everyone. No sign up is required and there are no fees.

When...June 11 & 12 or rain date June 18 & 19

Where...The chute of Six Mile Island on the Ohio River

How...Those trailering boats can launch at Duffy's Landing on the Indiana side of the river or Cox Park on the Kentucky side. Both locations are safe places to leave a vehicle and trailer (see maps).

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]Duffy's Landing from I-65 South...Take exit 6A to merge onto I-265 East. Exit Port Road toward Clark Maritime Center. Turn right at Utica Pike and proceed to Duffy's Landing along left side of roadway.
Cox Park From I-65 North...Take exit 137 to merge into I-71 North. Take exit 2 for Zorn Avenue. Turn left on Zorn Avenue to River Road, then right on River Road. Cox Park is along the left side of roadway.

[/FONT][/FONT]Tired of going in circles on a lake? Try the river and actually go some place. The Ohio River is beautiful and easy to navigate. Following are some tips that will make your river boating experience safe, enjoyable and "river friendly".
....The trip up and back is 116 miles. Take enough fuel to make the trip or plan on stopping at a marina along the way. There are several in the Louisville area and one in Madison, IN.
....Comply with all boating laws. Click here to see them.
....Bring devices for waste disposal that can be carried back with you. No solid waste is to be deposited in the river or along the bank.
....Island chutes should be ran at no wake speeds to avoid bank erosion and as a courtesy to other boaters. Stay clear of docks and anchored boats.

[/FONT][/FONT]​

Kentucky River Trip Mapr.jpg

KentuckyRiverTrip2.jpg

RiversRme

Thanks. I reduced that map size to make it easier. The trip plan is going well and it looks like we are going to have a lot of boats on the convoy.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
It does sound like fun. I've told some at my boat club about the trip, but it would be a longer cruise to get down river to the start of your cruise than your entire cruise itself. :D I hope you'll share some pics of the event when it does happen.