Tails!

Cavanaugh68

Tails, Tails and Even More Tails!

Capt. Drew Cavanaugh
December 7, 2008
New Smyrna Beach - Saltwater Fishing Report
hrule2.jpg

No, Not Tales, Fish Tails! That's right redfish are tailing every where on the Mosquito Lagoon. The reds are starting to bunch up in their winter styles and getting out early you can see these wonders of nature tailing in the shallows of the Mosquito Lagoon at day break and beyond. The main key with these fish are as always to approach them with extreme caution and patience.
The winter or cooler months of fishing with me are my favorite times to fish out here. The weather is PERFECT! Shallow water, well I love it too! I go light...VERY LIGHT! This alone for one will allow you to draft less and two can make polling a lot easier. The majority of the fish my clients and myself are catching are in 10-15 inches of water and I am able to pole up to within just a few feet of them. The best choices for baits are a nice live shrimp, blue crab or even if you have some lady fish from the summer time. Make your casts count. The fish in shallow waters like we have now can tend to be very spooky.
The other fish I have been seeing and catching in good numbers are BIG TROUT! I mean BIG! A few have been 30 plus inches. These fish need to be approach with stealth plus to get them. Top water and live mullet are your best choices. Please handle these beauties with extreme caution so they may be released with ease.
Call today to book the trip of a lifetime with me. I look forward to seeing you on the water.
Captain Drew Cavanaugh
Florida Inshore Fishing Charters
PO BOX 881
Edgewater, FL 32132
Cell/352-223-7897
drcfishmaster@cfl.rr.com
Light Tackle Fishing Guide On The Mosquito Lagoon
www.floridainshorefishingcharters.com

http://www.floridainshorefishingcharters.com