Replacement Sterndrive for Mercruisers

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Good to know Ed. I've had great luck & service from my original drive .... but ya never know when you are going to need an outdrive.

Wannafish

floppy member
Good to know Ed. I've had great luck & service from my original drive .... but ya never know when you are going to need an outdrive.

Doc,

Do you know what drive you have?
I may have an extra or two at a great price if it's an older style Merc.

WF

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I have the Bravo (one, I think). It's a 1989 model with a 454 on the other end of it.

My brother also has a Baja, it has the Alpha drive. His is a 1986 model. Either of us might be interested if the price is right. :thumb:

Wannafish

floppy member
I have the Bravo (one, I think). It's a 1989 model with a 454 on the other end of it.

My brother also has a Baja, it has the Alpha drive. His is a 1986 model. Either of us might be interested if the price is right. :thumb:

Mine pre-dates the Alpha and Bravo series.
They are 215E (E for Electric Shift). Was what they used during VietNam on the boats in the rivers, then in the 70's on Houseboats. Seen a picture of one with a bullet hole thru it that was still running (No - not on a houseboat!). Mine wasn't that lucky. Well, maybe it was - it didn't get shot...someone shifted into reverse at 1/2 throttle and tore out a set of gears. No NOS available so I picked up another outdrive that worked great. Now I have 1 1/2 of them.
Darn big for a paperweight!